Tuesday 19 February 2013

Refractatorium

Tuesdays are one of my child-free (aka sewing) days, and I got a heap of stuff done today!

I finished quilting my Emerald Challenge quilt. Thanks so much for all your wonderful name suggestions, there are a few I really love - I'm no closer to a decision, mind you. That might take a bit more time. I've decided not to bind this one - I've stitched on facing around the quilt and I'm in the process of handstitching it down at the back. I tried taking some photos of the top today, but it was the greyest most dreary day ever, so you'll have to wait for the big reveal when I get some good light ;o) This is the back, though. I love the back so very much :o)


I also finished up my February bee blocks for the AusMod bee. This month was Jane's turn to bee queen - she designed this block (Refractatorium) especially for the bee, and the quilt is going to be quite amazing. It's paper pieced, but each block only has eight PP sections, so it wasn't too difficult - no walk in the park, but they came together reasonably easily. 

AusMod Bee February Blocks

I've made a bit more progress on the appeal quilts too - and a few more tops arrived this week, so I'm hoping to knock a few more over in the next few days :o)

xx Jess

15 comments:

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Jess, the back of your emerald quilt is absolutely stunning! I am in awe at your amazing quilting! And those bee blocks are gorgeous - I must follow quite a few of the bloggers that are members of this particular because I have seen a few of them around and I am loving them more and more each time!

Quiltjane said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jess. I love them. I also love your quilting on the emerald quilt.

Kelly said...

The quilting looks amazing Jess, you have totally inspired me for my Space dust quilt!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The back of the quilt looks amazing!
I love the blocks you have made for Jane...I would love to get into this bee if it runs again next year!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fantastic quilting on Emerald!! And I really like those blocks.

Carla said...

Such gorgeous quilting! Good job on your bee blocks too

Tiffany said...

Wow. The quilting is amazing!

Deborah said...

What amazing quilting!! Your pp blocks look so intricate! Beautiful.

Susan said...

You've made great use of your sewing day! The bee blocks look very effective ! And the Emerald quilting is stunning! You are a clever girl!

Katy Cameron said...

Loving the back of that quilt! Can't wait to see the front :o) Fab job on the blocks too...

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your blocks and the back of your quilt looks amazing! I can't wait to see the front :)

Jeannette Bruce said...

The quilting on the Emerald quilt is stunning! Great job and beautiful bee blocks too! Great use of a day off:)

Kirsten said...

Your quilting stunning Jess! And I love the Refractatorium blocks too - need to make a practice blovk before I get onto the real thing:)

moira said...

flipping love everything, as usual

Jenelle said...

Oh wow! That quilting is stunning. You always inspire me so much with your quilting Jess! Those blocks are also beautiful. That's pretty awesome that Jane made a special pattern just for the bee.