Thursday 1 March 2012

Fresh Sewing Day - February 2012

I've decided to use my Fresh Sewing Day posts as a 'what I got done' and 'what I need to do' - thanks to Lawson&Lotti for the idea :).

I had my first finishes in Feb (yay!!)

Library bag, FTLOS big item, Name game Swap and FTLOS small item. 

I've completed another couple of swoon blocks, so I have five out of nine done:

I've made quite a few snail trail blocks, four of which became a mini (still not quite finished!)

And I've made progress on my secret project (bwahahaha!!)

And I've cut and planned out my two commissioned quilts - these are my priority for now. Apologies for the *#%t photo, I had to stand on our kitchen table to take it... Mostly Just Wing it, with a few other prints.



So my to do list for March:

1. Make my two commissioned quilts (no deadline, but I want to get them done soon)
2. Secret project (Deadline 30th March)
3. Swoon - make the other four blocks and then work out how the heck I'll quilt it (and what sashing colour to use - I'm thinking black at the moment ?!)
4. 4x5 Bee blocks (Due 15th April)

Plus whatever else crops up (and it always does!) I should probably get  a few long term WIPs quilted...

I'm linking up to Fresh Sewing day at Lily's Quilts (link in sidebar) - make sure you check out what everyone else has been up to this month!

I'm also linking up to Lawson&Lotti

Lawson and Lotti

xx Jess

14 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love the typewriter pouch Jess, and I have still only made 2/9 Swoon blocks - I need to catch up:)

Katy Cameron said...

Busy wee month, love your swap items and Swoon blocks. Good luck with your list for March! (I just wrote my to do list for a while, idly, on paper, and near had heart failure lol)

Charlotte said...

Great makes, I love your swoon and the quilting on your snail trail looks amazing. Good luck with your to do list and thank you for linking up

the running chicken quilting said...

I have just completed two swoon blocks and just love them!! The snail trail blocks are wonderful!

Collette said...

oh so much lovely stuff! I love the pouch, the snail trail and the grey, the swoon blocks. lovely x

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Everything is beautiful! I especially love the pouch and your quilting on 'gone stitching' is amazing!

Sandra Kaye said...

I love the swoon blocks...they are just beautiful!! Hugs

memmens said...

Gorgeous swoon blocks and love your FTLOS piece - great work

Katie said...

You've been busy! I love that typewriter print, I've seen it popping up here and there.

Linda in Calif. said...

Such lovely projects you have been working on. I really like the swoon blocks.

Allison said...

great swoon blocks! I love your use of color for the backgrounds :)

Nicole said...

It looks like February was busy for you, Jess! Love the quilting on "Gone Stitchin" - words to live by!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Fantastic month! I love it all :)

ScissorsandThread said...

Wow you got lots done and fab things too. Love the swoon blocks.