Wednesday 7 September 2011

Beetle Bugs Quilt Finished!!

So this quilt has taken me a bit longer than I thought - not because it was tricky, but because I got distracted by a couple of other quilt projects. I tend to procrastinate when it comes to hand stitching binding for some reason...

Anyhoo, this is my finished Beetle Bugs quilt, using fabric from the Beetle Bugs range from Saffron Craig.





I LOVE this fabric range - the colours are superb, and I think it works really well with the dark grey, crimson and orange borders. I machine quilted it in the ditch using some fab black/red variegated thread - although in retrospect it would have looked better had I quilted away from the seam lines... but still, it looks pretty good.

I am actually writing this up for my first pattern (gasp!!) and would LOVE some pattern testers if anyone is interested? I have plans to make a girly one using the fields range from Saffron Craig as well (once I finish the other 2 quilts I have on the go!!!)

2 comments:

Di said...

Do like your quilt. Colours are zingy and do like the squares. I would be interested in testing your pattern. Just contact me.

Jess said...

Oh wow, thanks! Will definitely be in touch once its done (I just keep getting distracted by quilts wanting to be made...) Thanks so much!